Cedar Park School
Working together to be the best we can
Trench cake recipe
HOW TO MAKE A TRENCH CAKE
- 225g plain flour
- 2 teaspoons cocoa
- 110g margarine
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 140ml of milk
- 75g brown sugar
- 75g cleaned currants
- Pinch of ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of ground ginger
- Grease a cake tin with butter. Add a greaseproof paper circle to the bottom.
- Rub margarine into the flour with your fingers in a bowl.
- Add the dry ingredients. Mix well.
- Mix the bicarbonate of soda with the vinegar and milk. Mix in and beat well.
- Pour the mixture into the tin.
- Bake at 180°C for about two hours.