Staff Update - February 2014
We are fortunate to be able to welcome Mrs Edwicker into Year 2 to work with the children on Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays to work with the children to support their learning. We are also lucky enough to welcome Mrs Dodd into Year 2 in the mornings also to support the children's learning. Mrs Sirrell will also continue to work in Year 2 on Mondays and Tuesdays in this role. We feel we have a great team in Year 2 and are all looking forward to working together to provide the children with great activities and learning opportunities.
Mrs Franklin and Mrs Gow
Thank you to all the parents who attended our evening session on 'End of Key Stage 1 Assessments'.
I hope you found this useful. Attached on this page are slides from our talk and you may find the ideas outlined useful when supporting your child at home.
Please support the children and help them collect sponsors for our big swimming event in the summer term
Some Practical Points - Updated
- PE is on Fridays (Games) and Thursdays (Swimming in the first half term, Dance in the second half term). Please keep a named PE kit in school all the time so the children don’t miss out. This must include shoes that fit please. The children will need a tracksuit when the weather gets cooler as we will go outside whenever possible.
- Two pieces of Home Learning will come home on a Friday and need to be returned on the following Thursday.
- Words for Writing will be sent home on a Friday to be learnt for a test the following Thursday. The words will either be common words or words using a particular phonic pattern. Please focus on the phonic pattern to help your child learn the words and be able to use the pattern in their own writing.
- Library books will be coming home on a Wednesday and can be changed each week if they are in the book bags.
- Reading books will come home in the book bags on Fridays and need to be returned to school on Thursdays. Please read other books from home too.
- The children need a fruit or vegetable snack from home for the morning and we will give them a piece of fruit or vegetable for the afternoon snack.