Welcome to Year 4's class page!
We would like to wish everybody a very happy new year and welcome back to the Spring term!
We have a very busy term ahead of us with lots of exciting activities planned. Our topic this term is the 'Ancient Egyptians'. A fascinating topic to study, which I hope the children will enjoy. We will be looking at the Pharaoh's that ruled Ancient Egypt, Hieroglyphs and the very gory process of mummification. In art we will be designing our own Ancient Egyptian neck collar and rebuilding Tutankhamen's mask.
In literacy we will be writing about the discovery of Tutankhamen's tomb and trying to imagine what it would be like to have been there at that time and Mummification will be explained in explanantion texts.
I hope the children enjoy this topic, just as much as I enjoy teaching it!
Some useful information!
- Our library day is a Tuesday. So please remember to bring in your library books if you would like to change them.
- We have PE on a Monday and a Thursday, so you will need your PE kit in school on those days. Though for this half term, up to February half term holidays we will be swimming on a Thursday morning. So make sure you bring your swimming kit to school every Thursday this half term.
- Please try and read 4 times a week, and remember to bring in your Home Reading Sheet every Monday, so Mrs Haskell can keep a check on it. Remember if you read 4 times a week for 4 weeks you will get a sticker!
- New spellings will be given out on a Friday and the children will have their spelling test on a Friday. So keep practising!!
- Numeracy homework will be given out on a Friday and needs to be handed in the next Friday. If completed earlier, the children can hand it in earlier.
- There will also be the occasional literacy or science homework this term, depending on what is being covered at the time.