We can't believe that it is our final term of the year.
We have just returned from our brilliant trip to Green Park Activity Centre (see some photos below of our adventure).
We are looking forward to more exciting things coming up this term, such as our trip to the Roald Dahl Museum in Aylesbury (Thursday 15th June) and our class assembly (Friday 16th June)! We hope you can all make it to see what we have been learning about this year!
Staff in Year 5:
Teacher- Miss Campanini
Teacher (Thursday afternoons) – Mrs Knight-Thomas. She will be teaching PSHE and Outdoor PE for this half term.
Teaching Assistant (Monday-Friday mornings)- Mrs Bevins
The Curriculum News for Summer has been recently sent out, outlining the topics and areas of study for this term, which you may like to explore at home as well.
Other Useful Information:
· PE and Games will be on Tuesdays and Thursdays this half term. Please make sure that your child’s kit is in school for the correct times. We will be having Rounders outdoors on a Tuesday (if it's raining we will do Benchball inside, so please still make sure you have plimsolls in school) and Games will be Cricket on a Thursday, outside when we can. It is important that the children come to school with the correct PE kit. This should include trainers (clean trainers or plimsolls for indoor lessons), black shorts and a house T-shirt. On colder days, children can wear jogging bottoms and jumpers outside.
· Reading Records and Homework diaries will be checked on a Monday and I look forward to giving out lots of Reading Reward stickers. Parents are asked to read and discuss texts with children and record up to 4 sessions a week in the Reading Record Book.
· Our class Library slot is on a Wednesday this half term, so this will be the day for changing your books, if necessary.
· Maths and Literacy homework will both be set of Friday due in for the following Friday.
· Spellings will be set and tested on a Thursday, sometimes based on a spelling rule.
· Other homework will be set as required, but I would strongly recommend lots of times tables practice and reading and comprehension if you would like to do more.
· Homework diaries will need to go between home and school daily so please check them regularly and feel free to use this as a method to communicate with me, if need be.
'Working together to be the best we can.'