School Vision, Aims and Values
Our vision: For all children at Cedar Park School to become confident, motivated and independent learners - To be outstanding in all areas of our work.
Our school aims are for children to be:
These aims will be achieved by:
- Providing an exciting, relevant and differentiated curriculum that enables all children to become independent and confident learners
- Encouraging children to strive for high standards in all aspects of school life and to to have high expectations of what they can achieve.
- Encouraging children to be considerate and to show respect for others and for the environment.
- Providing children with key skills that can be used and applied in day to day life.
- Developing children’s roles as individuals and members of the local and global community
- Promoting happy and healthy lifestyles
Our school values:
Excellence - being the best we can be; inspired by others and an inspiration to others
Respect – patience, fairness and acceptance of all people
Responsibility – making our own decisions and choices
Co-operation – working together. Teamwork!
Kindness – being helpful and considerate
Perseverance – striving to achieve our goals
Mission Statement: ‘Working together to be the best we can!’
In order to achieve these aims we are committed to working in partnership with parents, carers and the local community.
Promoting Fundamental British Values
In accordance with The Department for Education we aim to actively promote British values in schools to ensure young people leave school prepared for life in modern Britain. Pupils are encouraged to regard people of all faiths, races and cultures with respect and tolerance and understand that while different people may hold different views about what is ‘right’ and ‘wrong’, all people living in England are subject to its law.
The Key Values are: